Student Membership Benefits
Students benefit from membership in the Constituent Societies of the CIC in several ways:
- Career Services - Search for jobs online, post your résumé, gain access to our chemical sciences employers list, attend CIC career fairs and more.
- Sign up for Workshops (e.g. Lab Safety, Process Safety, Risk Management) and Seminars (e.g. CIC/SCI "Clean, Green and Sustainable Chemistry Seminar"), present research, network with other chemical professionals and more with discounts on fees at our chemistry and chemical engineering conferences
- Receive ACCN, the Canadian Chemical News Canada’s leading magazine for chemical professionals. Published six times per year, it presents the world of chemistry and chemical engineering from a Canadian perspective — from exciting new scientific discoveries to industrial innovations and their impact on our daily lives. Receive discounted rates on journals (e.g. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering) and other publications.
- Local Sections – Members are automatically assigned to a local section of chemical scientists and engineers in their geographic area. Local sections are opportunities for members to get involved locally by attending lectures, touring industrial plant facilities and taking part in for social and networking opportunities.
- Subject Divisions - Subject divisions are chapters in specific areas of the chemical sciences and engineering that run symposia and, sponsor awards, scholarships and competitions to promote interest and excellence in the discipline. Being involved in a subject division is another way for you to network and be involved in your field.
- Awards – Be eligible to have your achievements recognized through our many distinguished awards and scholarships.
- Member Directory - Find colleagues who are also members. Searchable by area of expertise, city, province, name and more.
- Outreach - Be part of a strong community of scientists in Canada — a community that will help build the next generations of chemists, chemical engineers and chemical technologists.
Financial Membership Benefits:
- Free Life Insurance
- Group Rate Insurance Discounts – Get discounts on home, apartment, auto, accident protection and disability insurance from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex and Manulife Financial.
- Discounts on subscriptions to The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering and Canadian Journal of Chemistry