Calgary Local Section of the Chemical Institute of Canada
Who we are:
The Calgary Local Section of the Chemical Institute of Canada is a network of volunteers within the southern half of Alberta, below Red Deer. The purpose of the Local Sections of the Chemical Institute of Canada is to bring together individuals who live, work or study in the same region and who share an interest in the chemical sciences and engineering, in order to create networking opportunities and to encourage productive sharing of ideas.
What we do:
- We organize public lectures.
- We participate in outreach activities.
- We host student related events.
- We are involved in regional science fairs.
How Can You Be Involved?
To become a member of the Calgary Local Section, simply fill out your application for membership in the Chemical Institute of Canada and you will be assigned a Local Section based on your home address. To participate in the activities of the section, check the links and pdfs listed below for upcoming events and news.
- Process Safety Course Calgary, May 28-29, 2012
- Risk Assessment Course Calgary, May 30-31, 2012
- Lab Safety Course Calgary, May 28-29, 2012
- Calgary Youth Science Fair
- Events archives
- 2010/2011 CIC Calgary Local Section Award
News, Reports and Other Information and Activities
If you have questions, you can contact:
Chair of the Calgary CIC Local Section