Organic Chemistry Subject Division of the Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC)
Who we are:
The Organic Chemistry Division of the Canadian Society for Chemistry is a national network of volunteers with a particular interest in the field of organic chemistry. The purpose of the Subject Divisions of the Chemical Institute of Canada and it’s Constituent Societies is to bring together individuals with common areas of interest and expertise, in order to create networking opportunities and to encourage productive sharing of ideas.
What we do:
- We organize the organic chemistry program for the Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition;
- We administer an awards program;
- We support regional student undergraduate conferences;
- We have an organic chemistry division listserve.
How Can You Be Involved?
To become a member of the Organic Division, simply select the Division on your application for membership in the Chemical Institute of Canada. To participate in the activities of the Division, check the links and pdfs listed below for upcoming activities, events and news.
- Alfred Bader Award
- Bernard Belleau Award
- Boehringer Ingelheim Research Excellence Award
- Boehringer Ingelheim Doctoral Research Award
- Ichikizaki Fund for Young Chemists
- R.U. Lemieux Award
- Student Awards
News, Reports and Other Information and Activities
- Executive Board
- Subscribe to the listserve
- Constitution of the CSC Division of Organic Chemistry
- Archival information
If you have questions, you can contact:
Chair of the Organic Division